Friday, February 12, 2010

Can a non-citizen (permanent resident ) make campaign donation to Presidential election? is there limitation?

I made e-donation to one of the candidates campaign: which was $25; but the transaction turned out to be $1000 due to probable error on the internet. I tried to contact the concerned offices and the bank; however, the campaign office didn't contact me, but preferred to send the transaction copy to the bank. I didn't want to donate that much money; and I do not have that much money- in fact my account is overdrawn! please tell me whom shall I report this case.Can a non-citizen (permanent resident ) make campaign donation to Presidential election? is there limitation?
Legal permanent residents can make campaign contributions. You need to work this out with the campaign and your bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment